I think this radish is in to me.
Tonight I had the pleasure of playing a super fan’s surprise birthday party!! He was so excited and it was really cool to be a part of the big reveal! Happy birthday Tony Kim! Thank you for being so supportive all these years 😜
Egyptian Red Lentil Soup Recipe
I made this lentil soup tonight and it was AMAZING (if I do say so myself)… Thought I’d share :D It was THAT good… and easy as hell to make.
Egyptian Red Lentil Soup Ingredients:
Servings: 6-8 Units: US | Metric
5 cups vegetable broth or 5 cups water 1 cup dried red lentils
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chopped Japanese yams
8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Add the first 5 ingredients to a large pot; cover and bring to a boil.
2. Lower the heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the lentils and veggies are tender.
3. Take pot from stove burner and set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, add the oil; warm over low heat until the oil is hot but not smoking.
5. Add in the cumin, turmeric, and salt; cook and stir constantly for for 2-3 minutes or until the cumin has released its fragrance (be careful not to scorch the spices).
6. Set spice mixture aside for 1 minute to cool.
7. Stir spice mixture into the lentil mixture; add cilantro, stir to combine.
8. Add in lemon juice; stir to combine.
9. Rewarm soup in soup pot; season if needed with salt/pepper.